Devops, Vagrant, Chef, etc.
- Blameless PostMortems and a Just Culture
The right way to do a post-mortem (and pretty much how Google does it).
- Using logstash to Push Metrics to Graphite
- DevOps Dave: Buried in Logs
- Stark & Wayne’s TDD your DevOps with test-kitchen 1.0
- Some tips on getting started with Vagrant and Chef
Keep a local cache of dpkgs and gems to make boxes spin up faster.
- Many projects with Vagrant and Puppet
- Berkshelf - link Bundler for Chef cookbooks
- Meet Chef - two-part screencast from Peepcode
- How mitmproxy works
- Network Congestion and Web Browsing
Good coverage of low-level TCP operation, HTTP, SPDY, etc.
- Caltech Machine Learning Video Library
Lookup the word at the point in Dash (OS X)
Converts TextExpander macros to abbrev-mode snippets.
- inglesp/prescons · GitHub
A ‘pseudo-interactive’ Python console for live coding in presentations.
- How to Read a Book - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and the book itself
- You Know What You Write: The Textbook Method for Ultra-Learning
- Spaced repetition
- Anki - powerful, intelligent flashcards
Spaced-repetition software used by Jeopardy champion Roger Craig.
- How to Work Remotely as a Software Developer
- Remote Work - Scott Hanselman
Lots of great posts from a remote worker at Microsoft